The Most Disappointing Nature Is The Human Nature

joi, 1 august 2013

Realm-of-Morbid

In the Realm of Morbid (the roving raven)

Dear ones, the time has come again to talk of Anonyma and Morbid, her friend.

Plunging in the depths of his nighty eyes, Anonyma kissed all her fears goodbye.  But not only did she kiss her fears away, for his lips had flavors of warm nights and daring dreams, of sour unrelieved tears and bitter lemon. As his sable plumage shrank, letting out his unclear skin she could sense the wildness of untamed horses and tanned leather. His hair retained the sparkling black luster of the raven he had been for a century and a bit within. She felt small and lost in his powerful arms and looking up at him she knew: “It has always been you!”

“My pretty, however could I explain, I have been waiting for you to say this since the day you came!”

Oh, his voice, so manly yet to her so sweet, she could still at times perceive the raven’s shriek.

“My god, that you came from above,
You are the only one I love!
You sway me so well to and fro,
Only a bird could lift me so!
I wish you would also love me true,
For I have found everything in you!
For me you are my eternal black light,
I love you forever, my dark knight!”

“My pretty, you are the one I love tonight,
You’ll be my love till the Universe remains without light!”
As there is darkness in the dawn, one can find the glow within the night!
“Morbid, I know you for all my life, you have been my father’s counselor and best friend. You have been there when my mother gave me birth, yet I know so little of you, and this brings me no mirth!”

Huge tears of melancholic joy came to Anonyma’s almond-like eyes and she felt so ashamed she wanted to disappear.
“Oh, dear, what will he think of me now? That besides being a small, silly girl I am also a weak-faded heart! O, those huge eyes he has, I wish he wouldn’t look at me so full of sweet lust, now that I’m falling into the dust!”

“My pretty, why do you cry? Are you not happy for you and I?”
“Oh, Morbid, my love! “happy” is but a feeble word, wobbly and shy, what I feel now has limit the sky! But you know this. You know me so much! I have no secrets for you, nothing to tell … my speech is poor, I know it so well!”

Morbid knew that young as she was, she wanted to conquer him as a woman.  And as a woman that she wanted to be she felt she had to wrap herself in mystery.

What poor Anonyma didn’t know was that her sweetness and wittiness were the greatest mysteries of all and that poor Morbid’s heart had been from the very beginning trapped.
“My pretty, I will teach you to speak, and you will have plenty to tell, as I look into your eyes I know it so well!”

Ages before Morbid had been an eager and most intelligent disciple to the one who seemed to have all the answers in the world, yet as his studies advanced, Morbid understood there were still questions that had not been put and answers nobody had thought of.
“Morbid, my boy, your intelligence is a rare gift and your energy compliments it to perfection, yet your arrogance and boldness, the vanity of your doubts, will forever course you. The abyss in which man’s ego throws his soul is an eternal gloomy night, into which neither intelligence nor love can put light!”
Morbid’s master loved him as if he were his own son, and trusted his mind was endowed with great genius. Yet he could see the young man’s heart was dominated by the spirit of rebellion and the fearlessness that only people of the old world knew. Looking at Morbid he often shook his head in despair, letting out a sorrowful sigh – “You will anger the gods!” he would cry.

But Morbid would not listen, he could not hear, he had lost his sleep in this nameless quest, he had to find out more and more, he knew no rest.

“Morbid, my boy, put an end to it now! The gods are aware, you will pay… and how!”
“Master, your heart is too weak! Fear is not my choice, I will continue to seek!”
And the gods did become aware, when Enviar, Morbid’s confrere, went to tell. Enviar told them of Morbid’s restless quest, how he got closer and closer to the ever-desired lapis philosophorum, how he got to speak languages that by humans were not known.
“Morbid, my boy, you have been summoned by the gods… repent yourself, ask a thousand pardons and let’s go back to our simple life and mortal learnings! For knowledge at times can be a much sharpened knife!”

“Master, I am not afraid. The gods know me well and like me extremely, they will let me be and I will study freely!”

But the gods could not let Morbid persevere in his pursuits.

“There are rules that have to be obeyed by all mortals alike, even by you Morbid, although you are a knight!”
The Father Of All was black with despair: “Oh! Of all stupid things to do, of all you could have chosen, coming close to the truth is the worst of all poison!”
“But Father Of All, why should it by a sin to come close to the truth within?”
Morbid stood proud and never denied he was looking for the truth of all truths. What was indistinct to him was what he would have done once he had found it. What was unknown to him was how close he had been to find it out.
“You gave us all the means to fly high, yet you have pushed the horizon so far we can never reach the sky! You gave us language to master our quest, yet you hide the universal truth inside your breast!”

“Morbid, you have grown extremely arrogant! You forget your status and your powers, you forget your place and believe it’s among ours!”
“If I am so small and weak, why so much fear? But if I’m not so, why not treat me as your peer?”
“Men have died for far less vanity… you must be punished accordingly!”
A wave of sighs came from the goddesses: “So young, so handsome, so bold and charming! We should try and attempt that his life should not be such spent!”

The young gods were all pleased, the old ones were in shock.
“We should always set an example in case others might try!” said the young Sun.
“But still, we should consider, he is not one of the many…” said Old Time.

Behind a column Enviar was overwhelmed with joy “Let’s finish him off! This is no time to toy!”
Suddenly, from nowhere, in the great hall of the Parthenon of gods entered Brujella, clutching to her wand with her long claws.
“What is the dark vamp doing here, how does she dare! Is it not enough she has him in her bed, she has to come in public, humiliate me with a snare?”

The Mother Of All wished Brujella away, out of the Parthenon and out of her husband’s life, it would have been a good thing if the old which would have become a wife.

“Master of all and father of our lives, I have come to ask for a favor, to present you with a deal!”
“Tell me Brujella, what’s on your mind?”

“My deal is as follows: I want the knight! He is no god, but he shouldn’t be judged as a man… either way his life makes little difference to you… now, about his restless soul and his inquisitive mind, I will keep him busy and he’ll fall behind!”

“Brujella is right! Morbid is no danger to us! His youth has made him over-enthusiastic! I’m sure he learnt his lesson well… and it is known, man becomes a subject in his own house, if he is given the proper spouse!”
The Mother Of All was playing all her cards, in order to get Brujella out of her yards.

The goddesses were spirited again and tuned along with the Mother and Brujella. The old gods although restrained showed great willingness to back this resolve.
But the young gods were not easy to win: “He will try again and again, this one is not easy to train!”
“Indeed I think not! Brujella, you might be a great sorceress, but to tame this one you lack the skillfulness!”

“Father Of All and master of lives! My deal is not over, hear me to the end: if I should fail in my attempt with the knight, transform him in raven and leave him out in the night! What better way to punish one that desires so much than taking away all that makes him so liked? Take away his voice and leave him with shrieks, so that the power of his knowledge may move only leaves, take away his powerful hands and make them wings, so that his knowledge be reduced to flaps, instead of writings, take away his smile, take away his height, turn him into a raptor, make him loose his might!”
“The deal is perfect, my love! Morbid has always been dear to us, why should we punish him so, and let his life go?”

Mother Of All was frantic with delight, seeing how she could get Brujella out of her life.

“Well… what can I say?!”
“Say yes, Master Of All!”. Brujella’s brown devilish eyes were on fire, for she could be in reach of her desire. 

The Father Of All thought to himself “This is a good chance to get rid of the sorceress… she is an obedient lover, nothing to say… but a demanding woman, and so many times she gets in my way!”

“Well, let’s hear what Morbid’s opinion is on the matter at hand!” said the Father of All, totally in demand.

Morbid did not take a lot of time to consider… energetic and preoccupied as he was, he resumed in his mind: The hell with all, what do they know? My life is about the quest! My mind is all about “to seek!”, to get close to the Truth, to the One that will set me free! I will marry the witch whatever will be, as long as I can continue on my way, as long as I find the truth belonging to the day!”

“Father, your will is my demand! I will marry Brujella, if this you command!”
And so Morbid was to be wed to Brujella and years passed by, Morbid never thinking he was kissing his liberty good-bye!
His life was so much linked to his research that to marriage he didn’t even think.

But Brujella hated him so, she felt neglected, she felt her powers go.
I will punish him one day, for his indifference to me sometime he will pay!
And pay did Morbid, for this was her deal, if he would not be the good husband he’d have to be the raven!
Raven did he become, and roved the world in seek of what was so dear for him to find. In years he had discovered a new knowledge, the one that came not from the books, but from reflecting, upon what life had to offer, reality in its entire splendor!

But it’s true at times he would regret the library he had left!
He had lived much before a bird to grow, and after, seen much of the world below! But only now did he realize whatever they had said with Aurea mediocritas!
The Great Wizard was a man of an extreme kindness and great skills, a man who could bewitch the devil and melt an iceberg. How sweet and exciting his little daughter was! Morbid fell for her the moment she came indoors! Anonyma was all that Morbid ever wanted from life, she was the truth he had been seeking in the night!

He had seen her smile, he had seen her cry, he had seen her grow, fall in love with the prince, but he had never thought of letting her go. He had seen her becoming a sweet little lady with a passionate heart, he knew she loved him and that they would never be apart.
“My pretty, my life, I will teach you everything I know. Your mind is perfect for this and I shall seal it with a kiss!”
“Have patience with me, my handsome black light and I promise I will learn all, even if for this I must not sleep in the night!”

Morbid knew Anonyma was shy by nature, yet proud and wild, like a young untamed mare. He knew he had to take her one step at a time. He dominated his impulsive ways for he knew how to deal time, he had learnt how to conquer it from his youthful quest and his raven’s past and knew his little friend had to accommodate such knew feelings within, feelings she had no idea grew inside herself, she saw changes about her she got slightly scared.

Anonyma would look up from the books and stare into his great dark eyes:
“Can there be anything in this world you don’t know, my beloved knight?”
“How much you love me and would you follow me to the end of my night?”

Long days of research and sweet nights of wanderings, seasons changed and ages went by, Anonyma’s heart grew surer and her shyness was starting to fall apart. She was keen on what she wanted and had almost no doubt.
Morbid saw her intelligence develop and his mind and heart throbbed with pleasure, he saw her feelings lose fear and his pride knew no measure.

“One of these days I will teach you to fly, we will make love, and you will see the sky! We will reach for the stars, we will enter through the gates of the heavens, you will meet the gods, we will not be one, but two ravens!”
Anonyma looked into his eyes and she knew it to be true, yet there was something that always darkened her happiness, there was always a wicked shadow that seemed to loom from the depths of his gazes.
“What could it be all about? What is it that darkens my love in the night and obscures the beautiful features of my knight?”
Anonyma looked into her potions, murmured her spells, nothing came out, there were no tales.
She felt week in her doubts, she felt happy in her love, she was becoming a woman and that gave her a strength she knew not from where it sprung.
“Liberty is but an illusion, my pretty, immortality is what humans seek, happiness is what counts, carpe diem as we speak!”

“But Morbid my love, immortality is but a dream, freedom is in the end what we should all redeem! We should be able to make our own choices if we wish to love, carpe diem is all right, but together … together, I wish it to be forever!”
“My pretty, you are the most romantic soul I have ever seen in this world! Pure as a crystal, there is no part in you that can think evil, you are so strong although some would call you fickle!”

And one day it came! Brujella returned and entered again into Morbid’s life, with all her demons, stabbing Anonyma’s soul with a knife.  

“How could you have returned from the night, who gave you the power again to become a knight?”
Brujella was mad, she did not understand, she had no clue that in the day of her deal one of the goddesses had made a wish, the wish that if Morbid would become a raven, someday he could be turned back into man by the kiss of a maiden. The young goddess was none other than sweet Innocence, and her wish had been granted although never told, it was a secret that for centuries would be hold.
“Morbid, my love, but who is this?” asked sweet Anonyma, giving him a kiss.

Morbid turned blacker than black, darker than night, he didn’t know who to explain and what, seeing the women in a state of total fright.
“My pretty, my life, try to understand, we are superior beings, we know no land! And you, you witch, you trader of souls, what are you doing here, am I again among your goals?”
O damned day, o cursed night, that moment when Anonyma saw the light.
She found out all, the truth to the bones , how Morbid was taken, how his name was mingled with that of another, how his choices would be made in accordance with her owns.

“Oh! Of all the idiocy in the world! How could I have been so silly and small, how could I have not seen the writings on the wall?!”
“My pretty, my love…”
“Don’t you dare! Don’t you come next to me! I swear by all gods, you will know   my frenzy! ”
The skull once more flew through the room, Anonyma was in rage, her desire to destroy knew no measure, no stage.
“You scoundrel, you told me sweet lies, and I believed all, looking into your dark eyes! For dark are your eyes and dark is your spirit, dark are your thoughts and miserable am I with it!”

“My pretty, my love…”
“I will go and never return, to that you can be sure I will not adjourn!”
“But my love…”
“No <buts>, you will see me never! Of one thing you can be sure, I will not humiliate myself forever!”
“But the witch has no powers on me, I am very much free!”

Anonyma was in such a state that she didn’t even hear his words, she could hear him speak but could not listen, she could hear the sounds but not the whisper.
“You have used me, just the way life has abused me, you have had your way to come out of slavery! By kissing me you have become free, through my kiss I have given you bliss! You have told me I am forever yours, but you only wanted to come out of the raven’s curse!”

And Anonyma with her last strengths and her knowledge took off with sighs, but never giving good-byes.

“You horrid wretch, why did you appear? You know we share nothing, not even a tear? We have separated a century and so, why can’t you disappear and let go?”
“I will never let you, although you’re not mine! I will forever spoil you, like poisoned wine!”
Days and nights went by and Morbid at the window of the white tower would look into the distance, with his huge dark eyes ever searching the horizon.

“Where could she be, the love of my life? Why isn’t she here? I want her for my wife!”

Days and nights passed and he never stopped from wondering:
“All the knowledge that can be accumulated, all the mysteries that can be revealed, what is in the heart of a woman none can explain. And when she wishes to hide, all the wisdom of the gods is in vain!”

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu