The Most Disappointing Nature Is The Human Nature

miercuri, 27 noiembrie 2013

Realm-of-Abyssus

In the Realm of Abyssus (beyond the depth of intelligence)

“Fool is not the one that will not see,
Fool is the one that will not understand.
And that fool is me!
Fool is the one that understanding
Will not let go!
And I know it to be so!
Fool is the one that having said good-by,
Will return!
As I shall do so, by and by!”

With huge bitter tears in her green sad eyes Anonyma grabbed in haste her old friend, Abyssus the skull, and a few of her most valued books and ran out of the white tower.
She ran, looking desperately behind her, looking and faking terror, looking and hoping. Deep down inside her, desperation grew as she saw Morbid was not following, seeking her pardon. She would have given anything in the world for him to come and stop her.
“Oh, Morbid! Why are you not following me, shouting that you are free? Why don’t you come to tell me it’s not true, and that Brujella does not own you?”
As her slim, agile body leaped through the vegetation of the forest, she was pressing her few belongings to her youthful breast. But in her flight she did not observe the skull as it came to life.
Run did she day and night, leaving far behind the white tower and the dark knight.
In the end she could run no more, she felt her feet and her heart sore.
So she stopped into a clearing in the woods, where she built herself with a snap of the fingers a hut.
She felt miserable and sad, her head felt heavy and her heart bad. She could not believe that the love of her life did nothing to stop her and keep her next to his side.
“Within his huge, dark eyes there is a rebel soul entrapped! One that managed to enchain me … enslaved, the one that thought would never be gained! Oh, the idiot that I am, how can it be that I love him this way, refusing to accept the truth as clear as the day?”
Anonyma felt fury and frustration, she took the skull again from the shelf and flung it through the room trying thus to quench her temper.
“My dear! You keep on crying and throwing me from here to there, I’m only good to you when you fall in despair! I have had enough of this, now I would like for you to give me a kiss!”
Anonyma shivered in shock, she looked at Abyssus with her eyes sparkling with inquisitiveness, she could not understand, what was it all about, this business at hand?
“I love you so, but you don’t even know! I love you more than the one that is dark, but you won’t even remark!”
Shocked as she was, Anonyma didn’t feel mistrust. But troubled was her soul, and her eyes sour from the abundant tears, she leaned towards Abyssus and gave him his kiss.
In an instant the skull came to life and transformed into a prince, with vivid green eyes that showed huge intelligence. His hue was fair, his long hair brown, it was slightly curly, as it came down.
Anonyma looked in great wonder, her old silent friend … yet another?
“Abyssus, you sly old fox, finally I see you out of the box!”
“Anonyma, you dear little thing, I have waited all my life to be with you on an equal footing!”
“But Abyssus, my dearest friend, you must explain it to me, where is this going, to what end?”
“Anonyma, sweet, lovely flower, I am to be your love up to the final hour!”
“But Abyssus, we are so much more friends!”
“Love and friends… they sometimes go together, to the ultimate ends!”
“I swear to you, dear friend, I do not understand… I am confused… I am not in demand!”
“You should start much more to think, and let aside so much feeling…listen to my counsel, this will be your healing!”
“Abyssus, I do not know what I could say… I hear you speak, but I do not see which is the right way!”
“Now you are hurt, you feel confused, but in time, at my side, you will stop feeling abused!”
“Oh, Abyssus, my dear! Oh, if for a moment I could just stop and think! If I could stop hurting, maybe I’d see how we link!”
“I will have patience and you will feel our link, in time! I will forever love you and you will be mine!”
“But he always is in my thoughts and my feelings, he is for me as a master…”
“My little one, philosophy is the ruler, language realizes only the plaster!”
“Abyssus, hush! This cannot be true! Language rules over all, I know it … and you know it too! Man ceases to be human out of language’s hue, to it we all have some form of due!”
“Language gives us the form, philosophy puts in the content! When you will see this truth, you will need no other proof!”
“Proof of what, I pray?”
“Proof that you will love me some day!”
“But, Abyssus, my dear, I do love you in my own way… you are my friend, you are…”
“I don’t want to be your friend, I want to be your man! I don’t want to be the second, but the first in your plan!”

“Oh, dear gods, you that give reason… why are men so childish, why do they bring to the heart only blister?”

“Abyssus, right now I feel I am in agony, we shall speak of this in due time, when I shall feel more as mine!”
“Free you are like the birds in the sky, you only need to break the chains, since you have given your good-bye!”

Anonyma would hear his eloquent words day after day, she would look out the window, but never see Morbid coming that way.

“Time will cure you of what ails you now! Time has bitter pills, but heals every wound!”

“Time is no doctor and it never cures a thing! Yet time is a good pedagogue in its teaching! Thus I will learn to live with this scare, although with a heavy heart lacking yare…”

With a broken heart and tears in her eyes, Anonyma couldn’t sleep, but look up to the skies.
“Oh, gods, why? Why should I crave to be cured of love? Why can’t I just be happy in it, singing like a dove? … So many have known him, so many, but not I! So many have loved him … why? Father … why couldn’t I? To have made love, I and him, at least would have been something to live after, if only in the dim!”
Days and nights went on by, Abyssus being there and growing every time less shy. Seasons changed and other seasons came into being, Anonyma felt desperate and Abyssus was cheering.

“She shall be mine, I shall have her at last, and the black night – I’ll take him out of her dreams with an easy blast! How silly of Morbid, how lacking tact, not to know how a woman needs a man to act… his absence of trust can only come from too much lust! And my little white flower, how pure and so sweet, she cannot even dream that he loves her so deep!”
Abyssus and Morbid had been very close, once in their life, they were of the same blood, they were born of the same mould, one that makes consciousness alight.
Distinct in appearance, they had the same air, Morbid was dark, Abyssus was fair, yet they both had sharp minds and profound souls, they seemed like two sides of the same coin, one could swear.
When as children they would play, their mothers would watch and comment with a laugh: “Look at Morbid, the dear little one seems so tough!”
“Yet, in truth and inside, he is so shy! While Abyssus, by his gate, one would never imagine he’s in fact the confident guy!”
But growing up, their roads would part, each one choosing his own art.
Yet the separation was not to be light, for before saying “Good-bye!” they had a serious fight.
“What is it that you know?! Abyssus, you don’t have a clue! I shall find out all, and if you want, I can include your name, too!?”
Morbid was of a happy nature, franc and open-minded, he had no superiority, he wanted to protect the ones that could no more but object.
But Abyssus felt hurt, he took it to heart, Morbid had spoken with arrogance, had put distance between them and left him apart.
Abyssus knew Morbid to be smart, but now he felt that in this, he was lacking common sense and had to be dismissed.
“Morbid, you are but a presumptuous fool! Of course I know nothing, you think you know more? The question is: from this sea of ignorance can we ever reach the shore? Will we ever be able to sit with the gods at their table? Will it ever be for us acknowledged, to eat from the apple of knowledge? I know these questions, they do not let me sleep at night! I hope one day I’ll see at the end of the tunnel the bright light!”
“Abyssus, you are so lost in soliloquies you’ll never find the light, if it would hit your eyes! You forget of the concreteness, you go wondering into the abstract so much, that real things are out of your touch!”

Abyssus took his things, and left the old domain of the family without many partings. 
He retreated from the world, he lived secluded, ever seeking to find the results of the questions that disturbed him so in the nights.
Aristocratic in his ways, bohemian in his manner, with his huge melancholic gazes, it didn’t take long until one of the goddesses over him lost her senses.
None other was she, than airy Infatuaty. The goddess of frivolous love and silly little thoughts saw in him the one she wanted to tie her knots.   
But Abyssus would not hear of it, he wanted nothing of the sort, although her love he accepted, he didn’t take the whole lot.

“Now, who does this mortal think that he is, refusing such a gift from a goddess?”

Infatuaty was in a state of rage, she could have had the world on its knees, she wanted to punish the young prince and send him into the eternal abyss.
So in tears of fury Infatuaty flew high to the sky. She went straight to the Mother of All and started crying with sigh:
“Oh, sweet mother, to be cursed so! He does not love me, but I can’t let go!”
“My beautiful one, what exactly is it that you wish!”
“My wish? Why mother, I want to give him a severe punish! I should have his head off! But no! it would be too easy, it would be like letting him go!”
“Then name your price! What is it you have in mind for this daring slice?”
“Daring indeed! How could he make love to me, as if I was a nothing? Always lost in his thoughts, always wondering high, was I not there? Was I but a lie? To ignore me so, to put me second in place? I, who am the queen of all hearts, to be taken only for parts? He believes he is smart, superior to others, he thinks he can reach truths beyond the capacity of mortals!”
“Is that so? I wonder how your father didn’t know?”
“Of course papá has no idea! How could he know? when the man lives secluded from the world, completely out of it, not bothering a soul; he is no counterfeit, he desires no material goods, despising gold and all that mortals praise, he worships truth and knows the value of it! He will not have pecuniary riches, he is seeking for enlightenment, he is not like the rest, he is out of the pattern!”
“My dear Infatuaty, what you say is so grave! Why, this one might teach the rest how it is not to be a slave!”
So the gods reunited to talk ... what should be done with the one who lived the life of the true, the one who would not have gold, understanding its little value.
The Father of All was furious and in despair: “I’m sick of those two, I’d love to blow them in the air!”
“One was seeking for the absolute truth, the other came so close to it, he could have had it for proof!” Enviar was jubilating, he was jumping with delight, he had a thing with Morbid, but neither did he see Abyssus in a good light. As Morbid was by now roaming in the world, and instead of speech his crow only the heavens would reach, Abyssus had to be dealt with just the same, and to be brought to nothing more but public shame.
“We should have him forever silenced, the arrogant prince! He thinks he is so very smart, we should take away his philosophical bearings!” the young gods would shout, being jealous of the promising sprout.
“Let it be a lesson to all who wish to think, I will turn him into a skull, and thus his dignity will sink! If he thinks he can discover what for the mortals is undercover, he should try doing it so, as a head with no toe; he should try to inspire the people, sitting on a shelf that is feeble! Let him woo spiders and webs, instead of goddesses!”
As Abyssus was shrinking to the level of thinking, sweet Innocence appeared again talking with eloquence.
“What has he done? why punish him so? He has tried never, nobody to woo! My dear step sister has given herself freely, he never promised her anything that she did not receive willingly. As for his connections to humanity, they are of little consequence. Your attitude is inhumanly, it has no godly bearings.”
The Father of All looked at his most beloved of daughters: “So what would you have, my little princess?”
“I think the fair prince should be given a chance, the settlement should not be definite! At a fair maiden’s second glance, the spell should immediately bounce; at a kiss, he should turn back into a prince, but only from one with a mind so inquisitive!”
Sweet little Innocence had a glow in her blue eyes, she wished to know Abyssus safe, for him she would even tell lies.
The Father of All pondered in his mind and after a moment he gave not a decline: “If this is what you, my dear, truly wish, then let this be to this story the ultimate finish!”
Infatuaty when seeing Abyssus reduced to a mere object of what he once had been, threw him down on Earth, among the living. But little did she pay notice to where he had fallen.
Thus did the fair prince reach the shelf where the father of Anonyma let him an abode to make for himself.

Anonyma had not yet come into being, the wizard and his wife were still honeymooning. Those were the times of blissful happiness, the enchanter was a powerful man, his wife was young and gorgeous. Love was everywhere in their house to be found, and soon they would be expecting a child, this was no doubt.
Anonyma came, sweet, white and shy, but her beloved mother had, for this reason, to say good-bye.
At the very moment Anonyma was picking life’s thread, Morbid flew into their lives, taking the place upon Abyssus’ head.
Abyssus saw the little darling growing, he had been her playmate, she had always used him for the throwing.

“Now she has turned into a lovely woman, I cannot let her into the hands of my cousin!”

“Abyssus, my dear, I know so little! I wish I’d understand more, I wish I was not so illiterate!”
“My little white flower, you read and write these books tonight, and we’ll have them discussed tomorrow, by light!”
Anonyma would read, would learn, would write, she’d look up to the sky and cry in fright: “Where is he now, why does he not come? What have I done wrong? Does he not love me, not even at sundown?”
Nights of torment would go by, days of calmness, spent next to Abyssus.
Anonyma started at last to feel much more at ease, she felt the security, but not the bliss.  Her heart never forgot those huge black eyes, but at a certain point she started to doubt they’d ever seen real lives.

In the distant forest, in the small, cozy shed, life was going about, seemingly without any threat.
Yet life is never so smooth, it will kick us in the head with its heavy, dirty hoof.
Infatuaty seeing that Innocence’s stipulation came into being, felt a fury that would not know margins, she felt silly, she would accept no bargains.
“Men are so stupid, men are like sheep, they would follow each other, would pile up in a heap!”
Thus Infatuaty spoke to Anonyma, explaining the details, telling her of the deal. Anonyma felt sick, her heart would not heal.
“Tricked again, cheated by two lice, am I to be treated only as a vice? Am I to be seen only as a passage to forgiveness, can I never be more than a mistress? ”

Abyssus cried, he tried to plead with her: “I love you dearly, don’t leave me into despair! I want to live my life next to you, for the rest of my days, don’t be too hasty in getting me out of your ways!”
“You love me so, as not to let me go; but for sure, you’d not have me for your spouse, you tell me fancy words, but you’d never sign the documents!”
“Where does this come from? What is it all about? You know I adore you, there can be no doubt!”
Anonyma could not explain to him what had possessed her, she did not understand herself, where it came from, all her madness.

“All that I wanted was to be left alone, with my magic and my books, with my solitary little life; but then he appeared, with those gorgeous dark eyes, and promised me all, in a package of lies! After that, all I wanted was to be left with my tears, to spend the rest of my life in solitary years; with my books and my magic, I asked for nothing more, but then came the other, with his huge green eyes, and all I wish now is to run through the door, and never see anybody, anymore!”

“My little white flower, what are you seeking? Do you think the world will be to your liking?”

“I don’t know, Abyssus, I cannot tell! But I must see for myself, otherwise I’ll forever be living like in Hell! I must try out my luck, otherwise I shall live with a doubt! I must seek, for otherwise my life feels bleak!”

Anonyma ran away, from their hut, one day. And Abyssus with a tear, looked out the window, thinking without a sneer: “With all the love one can give, the woman will go out, into the world, to live!”

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu