The Most Disappointing Nature Is The Human Nature

marți, 7 februarie 2017

Trapped to the Core

Trapped – to the Core

Happy and carefree I walked down the lane,
gliding on its translucent surface – how joyful I was!
The bliss of not knowing…

Happily I mused and carefree I skipped
      – aaaah, the little pleasures of life!
innocent my pleasures must be, for wishing none
the world would care for…

Joyfully the path unfolded itself to me
as I slid, most happy and unawares,
of where the silky thread would lead my destiny!

Step after step – closer to the Core –
I approached it haughtily, as I pondered
on things of such depths, and feelings
of which nobody but me could approximate …

Happy and carefree I reached for the center
      – blinded by Its light – that would,
in the end, weigh heavy on my soul!

The brightness of the smile, the sweetness
      – brought in by the yearning –
numbed my sanity and imbued my heart
Oh, Nitty-Gritty! How splendid Thou art!

Carefree I slid, on the treacherous long lane
      – and most joyfully I bid
that I’d know It sooner, not later!

Disaster – You generous bastard! – has a way
of yielding bountifully to the heart’s desire
providing in abundance circumstances one
can only dream of – and the Core in silence awaits!

In silence, smiling – the imminent advent of the prey…
I glided – happy and carefree – looking towards It!
Reached to the core, on that beautiful day –

Trapped? – I did not feel… happy was I
to show Him my little tricks, to ask of His fate
      – I felt mine was with His … strongly
intertwined, spinning with joy under His shadowy eye!

Dizzy and dazzled, I swayed to and fro,
He kept smiling at me, I felt overwhelmed
      – suffocating and struggling – from all that joy!

Perfect it all was – His perfection coming down on me,
Oh, bewildering One! How lucky! How chanced!
How did I get entangled in this web?
      – let me out, let me out, I tell Thee!

Fidgeting and fighting – useless, I might add!
For the more I tried to get free,
tighter the silky thread wrapped around me…

In circles I went, on and on, neatly knitting myself
      – inside a cocoon, as it were!
and the smile was still there, and the flames in His eyes,
Its silence growing dense on me –

How did I end up here?! – I asked and looked back…
The silvery path was still there, the light…
But, alas! – I was no more – happy and carefree!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu